Submit your application
Please find the current announced and general job opportunities below. The announced positions will be treated according to the indicated deadlines, the general applications will be reviewed regularly.
Also, please note our request to collect all your application documents (Cover letter, CV, academic records, etc) into one file for upload.
Job Title: Data Analyst, Houston
Rystad Energy is seeking an analytical and independent business intelligence analyst to join our Analyst Team.
The right candidate will be a part of the team that develops and improves Rystad Energy's business intelligence products with a focus on the U.S. Land segment of the oil & gas industry.
- Development, maintenance and optimization of data collection procedures and web crawlers
- Data mining and integration of the data structures into the architecture used across the company
- Ensuring integrity of data used for analysis
- Statistical research of the data
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting the results in a clear manner
- Support our external clients in Houston
Experience and Skills:
- University degree in a data driven field such as mathematics, economics or information technology.
- Proficiency in SQL. Experience with stored procedures is an advantage
- Experience with Web Crawling (C#, Python or any other programming language)
- Experience with common data science tools (MATLAB, R, NumPy/Pandas modules in Python) is highly desirable
- Excellent Excel skills (basic formulas, pivot tables, ability to structure large spreadsheets efficiently)
- Preliminary knowledge of the U.S. Shale industry is an advantage
- Experience with research of U.S. oil & gas public records is an advantage
- Understanding of general statistical methods (distributions, histograms, curve-fitting concepts)
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing
- Fluent in English; other languages are a plus
- Self-motivated as well as a strong team player
The position is based in our Houston office. A candidate will work in a close cooperation with the product development team, which is located in Oslo, Norway.
Application deadline is November 24, 2017.