Brazil: the politics of energy in 2023 and beyond
01. November 2022
9:00 am - 9:30 am CDT / 11:00 - 11:30 am BRT
Rystad Energy is honored to be joined again for this webinar by the experts from Horizon Client Access, a geopolitical risk company focused on helping clients navigate political, regulatory and commercial risks. Our Head of Latin America Research, Daniel Leppert, will be joined by Mark Langevin, a Senior Advisor at Horizon. Together Daniel and Mark will discuss:
· Deepwater basins providing a foundation for oil and gas production growth
· The future significance of the Equatorial Margin
· Above ground risks for exploration and production: local content and environmental licensing
Gas and power
· Market opening results in diversification of suppliers and pricing
· Potential domestic production growth through the remainder of the decade
· Building domestic demand and shaping the power market: the role of expanding gas infrastructure
· Brazil's energy matrix and its necessary components for the energy transition
· How Brazil will prepare for the wave of energy transition investments from internal and foreign sources
· The politics of the transition and climate policy; who will lead?
The conversation between these experts offers attendees a unique view of the future of Brazil through both an energy and geopolitical lens. The session will be moderated by our Head of Latin America, Schreiner Parker.