We are excited to bring you our expert speakers where they will share their perspectives on challenges and opportunities in Energy Market pathways to finding the balance in energy transition.
|Date||January 25, 2022|
|Time|| 2:00pm - 3:30pm JST |
Emcee: Chris Wilkinson, Senior Client Analyst
2:00pm – 2:05pm
Welcome and Overview
Yosuke Uehara, Head of Japan
2:05pm – 2:25pm
Opening address: After COP26 – how close are we to 1.5 degree
- The Energy System – how to get a balanced transition
- Speed of renewable deployment
- Speed of decarbonization of the transportation sector
- Role of CCS, batteries and Hydrogen
Jarand Rystad, CEO & Founding Partner
2:25pm – 2:45pm
Gas LNG and Power: A new normal for LNG?
- What does 2022 hold?
- Evolving LNG price dynamics
- Carbon price and emissions considerations
Kaushal Ramesh, Senior Analyst, Gas and Power Markets Research
2:45pm – 3:05pm
Carbon Capture: Capturing change; the CCS outlook in a politically uncertain world
- Carbon market and carbon pricing- Where do we stand?
- When will CCS be commercially viable?
- Understanding the current CCS project landscape
- A look at future CCS demand across the entire value chain
Yvonne Lam, Vice President & Product Manager CCS
3:05pm - 3:25pm
Renewable Energy: Renewables in 2022: A brighter future?
- 2021 Highlights: key trends in solar, wind, costs & deals
- 2 years into the pandemic: how far renewables have come and resiliency moving forward
- 2022 Outlook: our forecast & prediction on the industry
Jun Yee Chew, Head of Asia Renewables Research
3:25pm – 3:30pm
Masa Hamano, Vice President, Business Development