Key NCS Takeaways July 2017
- Centrica and Bayerngas has agreed to create a joint venture if its North West Europe E&P activity. The new entity will be owned 69% by Centrica and 31% by Bayerngas. It will have upstream activity in UK, Norway Denmark and the Netherlands
- CapeOmega has acquired 39% of Brynhild from Lundin for NOK 774 million in a continued drive to leverage its unique approach to create value from tax assets and its Gassled generated revenue stream
- Statoil announced an oil discovery at its Kayak exploration well in the Barents Sea with initial estimate at 25-50 MMboe
- Solid appraisal results from both the Faroe operated Brasse discovery and the Lundin operated Alta discovery, both discoveries are now more likely to reach FID
- Development of Snefrid North has been added to Aasta Hansteen’s Plan for Development and Operations. The 5 BCM gas resources will be developed with one well at a total cost of NOK 1.2 billion
- Gina Krog started production 30 June
Polarled and Nyhamna tariffs
- Snefrid North is along with Aasta Hansteen and Dvalin the only sanctioned volumes to use Polarled as its gas export route
- MPE published proposed Polarled tariffs in April with changes expected to be valid from 1 October 2017
- Polarled tariffs will be about six times higher than equivalent ÅTS tariffs
Please contact us regarding Rystad Energy NCS Atlas for more details.
RYSTAD ENERGY LAUNCHES NEW UKCS SOLUTION
In addition to the NCS Solution, Rystad Energy has launched a similar product for the UKCS. United Kingdom Continental Shelf Solution (UKCSSolution) provides up-to-date information on licenses and field activities on the United Kingdom Continental Shelf. It reviews key activities, transactions, work programs, and drilling plans on the UKCS on a monthly basis. The data and analysis are delivered through UCube UK, PDF report and GIS map.
UKCSSolution also can be combined with NCSSolution into Northwest Europe (NWE) Solution to access an integrated and detailed overview of all upstream activities in UK, Norway and Denmark.
Learn more about UKCS Solution here