Global Oil and Gas Markets: Trends and Outlook
Date: 22 May 2019, 9.30
Venue: Hotel “National”, 15/1 Mokhovaya st., Moscow
Petrovsky Conference Room (entrance from Tverskaya st.)
|09:30 - 10:00
||Registration and Coffee
|10:00 - 10:45
||A new wave of exploration, or would M&A drive growth ahead?
- Majors and independents exploration strategies versus M&A strategies
- Key metrics to understand value creation through exploration and transactions
- Key recent exploration successes and key recent transactions
- What can governments do to support exploration?
|10:45 - 11:15
||Rystad Energy solutions to analyze global oil and gas industry
||Arne Gulbrandsen Senior Partner
|11:15 - 11:30
|11:30 - 12:45
||US Shale learning curve: uncertainty around ultimate potential
- Implications for activity and production growth from E&P capital discipline in 2019
- How serious supermajors are about long-term shale ambitions?
- Child wells and down-spacing: localized issues or fundamental problems?
- In-basin frac sand debate: trade-off between quality and cost savings
Partner & Head of Shale Research
|12:45 - 13:30
||Renewed need of market management by OPEC+ from 2021 after bullish effect of IMO 2020
- Global oil demand: how serious is structural economic slowdown in China?
- OPEC+ cuts compliance and ways ahead in the context of US shale growth and Iranian sanctions
- Anatomy of IMO 2020 sulfur regulations; how short-lasting is an upside to oil prices in 2020?
- Oil market post 2020: renewed need for market management or increasing price volatility
- Long-term oil demand and substitution effects: peak oil and its market effects?
Senior Analyst, Oil Market Research
|13:30 - 14:15
||Tightening of the LNG market: will new investments in liquefaction infrastructure help the market remain balanced?
- Growth in Liquefaction capacity
- Increase in Regas capacity
- Liquefaction projects that could potentially take FID
- Market conditions and long term contracts
|Carlos Torres Diaz
Vice President & Head of Gas Markets
|14:15 - 15:00
||Discussion and Lunch