COVID-19 Report - Scenarios and impact on global energy markets
We have now published our 11th Edition of the COVID-19 Report (released on May 21). Rystad Energy's COVID-19 Report will be regularly updated, offering scenario analyses and evaluating the impact on global energy markets.
Rystad Energy's Webinar Series:
- Rystad Energy COVID-19 Webinar (On-demand): Focus on Americas
- Rystad Energy COVID-19 Webinar (On-demand): Focus on Asia and Middle East
Sign up here to get immediate email notification when Rystad Energy publishes a new report / new press release associated with COVID-19.
Highlights of this edition include:
- Daily fatality rates continue to fall in East Asia, Europe and North America, and countries in these regions are beginning to reopen after two months of lockdown. In South Asia, Sri Lanka was the first country to introduce strict measures and have also maintained measures the longest. This has paid off, as the number of fatalities per 100,000 in population is only 10%.
- According to our updated model, 72 million people have likely been infected with Covid-19 globally as of 18 May. Reported cases are now growing at only approximately 2% per day, a growth rate that has somewhat stabilized. This is an indication that quarantine measures are working.
- Road traffic is clearly coming back; in May we expect to see the largest month-over-month growth in history. With countries lifting measures, we have seen spikes in traffic outside rush hours, especially in Europe and North America.
Click below to download our free report.
Free Solutions sign up:
As an industry professional you can sign up to Rystad Energy’s Free Solutions here. You will get full access to the library of COVID-19 related releases and other energy-related analytics and dashboards.