Investor Webinar: The role of O&G versus clean tech in the current energy mix
As countries aim to meet their climate goals, there is a growing demand for renewable energy sources and a reduction in fossil fuel usage. In response, the oil and gas sector has begun to shift towards cleaner energy sources, such as natural gas and hydrogen, and invest in technologies like Carbon Capture, Utilization, and Storage (CCUS). However, there is still a significant need for investment in traditional oil and gas projects, particularly in emerging economies, and the industry must balance the immediate demand for energy with long-term sustainability. The next decade will be a critical period for the energy transition, and it will require collaboration between governments, policymakers, and industry players to successfully navigate the challenges and opportunities ahead. So, what steps can be taken to navigate this evolving energy transition and capitalize on emerging opportunities?
On Wednesday, April 26th, 2023 we hosted our first dedicated investor webinar of the year! Our senior analysts provided a deep-dive and update on the market situation and an outlook on what's next for the industry.
Adressing key questions such as:
Oil and Gas:
- The transition away from oil according to Rystad Energy’s Three Scenarios: Mean, +Sigma, and -Sigma.
- The (desperate) need for investment in oil & gas.
- How will US oil & gas players and refiners fare during the transition?
- How can the US remain a global energy Superpower in the next decades?
- Can the energy trilemma explain how governments adjust to the energy transition, or do we need a new framework?
- What is needed for the United States to reach 2030 emission reduction targets?
- How does the IRA impact deployment of solar and wind in the United States?
- What is the outlook for CCUS and hydrogen, and how has the IRA changed Rystad Energy’s outlook?