Welcome to Rystad Energy Week 2022. Held on September 6, 2022 in Singapore, we had Rystad Energy’s global team of experts and eminent industry leaders sharing latest market outlooks and regional-specific presentations. Powered by our data-driven analyses, this full-day event of knowledge sharing discussed topics that matter in this evolving energy landscape in the Asia Pacific and how to use actionable insights to harness opportunities. Navigating the global energy crisis.
Vijay Krishnan, Head of APAC, Rystad Energy
Jarand Rystad, CEO, Rystad Energy
A new world order in Gas and LNG
- A somewhat accelerated energy transition
- The cold gold rush for US LNG
- Keeping Asia in sight
Kaushal Ramesh, Senior Analyst, Gas & LNG Markets Research, Rystad Energy
Oil Market Outlook: Invasion, Inventory and Inflation
Louise Dickson, Senior Analyst, Oil Market Research, Rystad Energy
Prelude to China spotlight
Xinlei Zhu, SVP & Country Manager, China, Rystad Energy
China spotlight panel #1: China’s 14th 5-year plan -- a modern energy system vision
Eric Meng, Project Manager, Consulting, Rystad Energy (M)
Lin Chen, Senior Analyst, Upstream Research, Rystad Energy
Wei Xiong, Senior Analyst, Gas & LNG Markets Research, Rystad Energy
Yicong Zhu, Analyst, Renewables Energy Research, Rystad Energy
China spotlight panel #2: China’s energy security, energy transition, and oil & gas demand profiles
Xinlei Zhu, SVP & Country Manager, China, Rystad Energy (M)
Dr. Lei Yang, VP, Energy Institute, Peking University
Jun Bai, VP, Energy Research Institute, Beijing Gas Group
Track 1: Molecules | APAC upstream trends and opportunities
- APAC O&G production and investments outlook
- Significance of independent players upstream portfolio in APAC
- Player landscape and M&A opportunities in APAC
Prateek Pandey, Vice President, Upstream Research, Rystad Energy
Track 1: Molecules | The sustainability conundrum in APAC
- Sustainability trends in the region
- Issues & challenges for countries and companies
- Opportunities an addressing these challenges
Samuel Low, Principal, Consulting, Rystad Energy
Track 1: Molecules | What is the potential of CCUS market in APAC?
- APAC CCUS project landscape
- Storage and cluster potential in APAC
- APAC CCUS demand outlook
Yvonne Lam, Vice President, Global Energy Systems, Rystad Energy
Track 1: Molecules | How can oil and gas companies remain competitive in a low-carbon world?
- Sustainability as competitiveness measure for oil and gas companies
- Oil and gas emissions performance in APAC
Trang Bui, Analyst, Rystad Energy
Track 1: Molecules | Downstream/Refining – Structural shifts in energy crisis and opportunities in Transition
- Energy crisis driving structural shifts in Downstream/Refining
- Trading signals for short term
- Opportunities in Energy Transition
Mukesh Sahdev, SVP & Head of Downstream Research, Rystad Energy
Track 2: Electrons | Energy security: Can the low-carbon supply chain deliver?
- The current low-carbon supply chain
- Stumbling blocks on the road to energy security
Binny Bagga, Vice President, Energy Service Research, Rystad Energy
Track 2: Electrons | E&Ps cover ground in 2022
- M&A, JV activity on the uptick in 1H 2022
- Boost in E&P interest in APAC with investments in Australia
- Progress towards end of decade targets
Sushma Jagannath, Senior Analyst, Renewable Energy Research, Rystad Energy
Track 2: Electrons | Will Asia-Pacific renewables continue to grow in a turbulent world?
- What is the state of 1H 2022 APAC renewables?
- What are the key challenges the industry is facing?
- How does the forecast look for the short and near term?
JY Chew, Head of Asia Renewables Research, Rystad Energy
Track 2: Electrons | Pipeline or pipe dream? Sorting through the hope from the hype in Hydrogen
- Opportunities of hydrogen in APAC
- Structural challenges for hydrogen adoption in APAC
Ken Tay, Senior Analyst, Energy Transition, Rystad Energy
Track 2: Electrons | Asia is dominating the global battery supply chain - China is leading as other APAC countries are closing up
- China dominates the midstream sectors of battery materials despite a shortage of some battery minerals
- China is the biggest player in the battery material processing sector in APAC
- Indonesia aims to be the next battery supply chain hub in APAC other than China
- Supported by their national magnates, Japan and South Korea have advantages in technologies and outsource production to other countries in APAC
Echo Ma, Analyst, Energy Services Research, Rystad Energy
Energy crisis driving global renewable investment through the roof
- Who is developing and where?
- Key incentives driving inflation-busting investment
- M&A spend, organic vs inorganic growth
- Repowering to net-zero
Gero Farruggio, Head of Australia & Global Renewables, Rystad Energy
Keynote panel: How is the energy crisis affecting investments and access to financing across the energy industry?
- How are the different parts of the energy industry likely to develop moving forwards?
- How is the industry affected by the energy crunch and rising inflation?
- How is capital being deployed into different segments?
Jon Fredrik Müller, Head of Consulting, APAC, Rystad Energy (M)
Zhang Yan, General Manager, COSL Singapore
Shivanan Sivarajah, Head of Project Finance, Asia, MUFG
Are Glørsen, Director South East Asia, Ocean Sun
Martin Opdal, Consulting, Rystad Energy